Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wunderschönen Tag in einem Wunderschönen Ort

So, today the fellow missionaries here in Leipzig took us to a castle in a nearby village.

This castle is around 800 years old! Can you believe that?
Anways, we had an amazing tour guide:
...but she didn't speak a lick of English..but that was okay. Larry translated for us. I absolutely loved listening to her even if I couldn't understand her. You could tell she was very passionate just by her body language.

We found a cat there at the castle:
We named him Adolf. He had the mustache. No lie!!

Here's an overlook of the village from the castle:
It's beautiful here and I'm having the greatest time! I'm so blessed to be a part of this trip.
After the castle trip, Thomas, myself, Taryn, Josh and Amanda all went to St. Nicolas church to hear a brass orchestra along with an organ. It was beautiful music. I loved it! After that, Taryn and I went to Luka's to eat. I had a sandwich that had salami, some type of cheese and a bacony flavor to it! It was delish! After that, we met up with some of our group to get Gellato. Mine was mocha flavored. Yummm! Then to top my night off, I got to finally Skype with my family. It was so good to see them face to face and to hear their voice. It kind of cures the homesickness.

Gotta head to bed though!
Tomorrow we are going to a Catholic church to hear a choir perform. I'm pretty excited about that! Then we had several events with the LSTers. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us tomorrow! Praying we help to change lives!

On a Mission for God,
Cherish

3 comments:

  1. giiiiirl I want to get Gellato with you and Taryn! Mm mm good!

    Looks as though your adventure is going fabulously :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaila - We will just have to find a shop when we get back!!

    Our adventure is going awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That town looks like a fairy tale!
    Glad you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete