Friday, May 20, 2011

Meine Seele Erhebt Den Herrn

Another full day here in Leipzig. Today we ate breakfast and then we had a little time before we had to leave to go to the LST Center so Taryn and I went and tried to get lost in the city. It was great to go out and explore on my own. Once we arrived at the LST Center, we met Manfred. He was our Tour Guide for the day and showed us around Leipzig pointing out different cool facts about the city and taking us into churches. Manfred is very passionate about Leipzig and he was once a professor at the University. Once we were finished with the Tour, Taryn and I went to lunch at the Mensa and ate pizza. It was very different to say the least. Then we went and got Gellato. Mine was raspberry flavored but had sesame seeds in it. It was different. After that we went back to the hostel to rest as instructed. We had to meet back at the LST Center at 3 to practice for our show tonight. Then the LST group fed us sandwiches and chips. Then it was performance time. It was nerve racking to me, because it was my first time performing with a choir. But I enjoyed it. I really like it here in Leipzig. After the show we mingled around with a few German residents and I even learned how to say a few things in German from Rosie. She was such a sweet lady. After everyone left, a few of us were still at the LST Center and Karen (One of the missionaries) informed us that a lot of the guests were going to come back on Sunday to worship with us. One of the guests are Muslim, so this is a big step. I can really feel God moving in this city. I can't wait to see what great things happen here. Also, while leaving the LST Center, I feel down the stairs. I only hurt my pride and dignity. No big deal. 



On a Mission for God,
Cherish

4 comments:

  1. Aaah! I love to hear this! God is incredible!
    Fantastic pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your blogs each day. Keep up the good work. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you translate the heading to English, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaila - Yes he is!!

    Mom - I'm glad. The heading is My Soul Magnifies the Lord - it's part of a song we sing. :) I miss you ! I love you!

    ReplyDelete