Thursday, May 19, 2011

Guten Abend

Well, we landed in Germany around 1:00 PM (Germany Time) on Wednesday. Our travel experience was filled with 3 planes, a bus and a train. But it was all worth it. We arrived in Leipzig around 8:00 PM last night. Once we arrived, we checked into our hostel (Sleepy Lion) and then went and ate a place called Schnitzel Culture. It was a quaint little restaurant (as most restaurants are in Germany). All of us ate the regular Schnitzel. If you have never had Schnitzel then I suggest you get yourself to Germany to try it. It's delicious. It's pork loin fried, but oh so good!
After Dinner we came back to the hostel where we took showers and feel asleep.

This morning I woke up around 6:30 AM and went with Taryn and Kimber to the grocery store. If you haven't been to Germany, I will tell you that when you ask for water here, you have to ask for Still water or you will get Sparkling water if you don't. So that is why we went to the grocery store, to buy some water. Oh wait, but before we went to the grocery store we ate breakfast here at the hostel. For breakfast, I had the typical German breakfast which is Slices of Salami, Slices of Cheese, Bread with Nutella on it and some orange juice. Delicious!
After Breakfast, we all came to the girls room and practiced our songs for a few hours. Then we went with Larry ( a missionary here in Germany) to the LST Center. LST stands for Let's Start Talking. Instead of calling the church Leipzig church of Christ, they call it the LST Center. After we toured the LST center, we went to the University of Leipzig to eat lunch. We ate in the "Mensa" or the cafeteria. Lunch was interesting. I had fried fish with Spinach and mustard sauce. It was pretty good. After lunch we headed back to the LST Center to work on some more songs. Some missionaries from Dresden joined us to practice the songs as well. After we were done practicing, Chad dismissed us and I came back to the hostel to take a quick nap because I was so exhausted and "jet-lagged". Once I woke from my nap, we all went to Leo's to eat dinner. I had Schnitzel again. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites. After dinner, Taryn and I went to H&M where I could of boughten out the WHOLE store. Now, I'm sitting here typing up this blog listening to cars drive by because we leave our window open, because theirs NO air conditioning. But, that's okay! I want the full German experience!




Are you ready for pictures??

 Teaching Nathan how to play the Ukelele.
Greg jamming out to the Mandolin in the airport. 
Dresden Train Station
 Taryn & I after 20 hours of Traveling.
 I just loved the sign there.


On a Mission for God,
Cherish

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Made me 'kinda' feel like I was with you. Now how about some pics of the city? So what is the temperature like there? Why do they not call it church of Christ??? Where are the other missionaries from? "Lets start talking (LST)" is the missionary trip Taylor is on, did you know that?
    Yummm...Nutella.....Any cute German guys you might be interested in? Remember I told you NOT to get married while you are over there though! I must say you & Taryn look pretty good after 20 hours of travel. Love you bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are there safe and sound! Lovin' the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom - Glad I could make you feel like you were with me. :)

    I'll get more pics today.

    The temperature is warm but not humid.

    I'm not sure yet. Something about wanting people to give them a try? I didn't know Taylor did the LST program..

    NUTELLA! Yes! Yum!
    No cute German guys yet, but let's just not say not really interested. ;)
    I WILL NOT get married. Don't worry!
    What'd I mispell?
    Thank ya! Love you more!

    Kaila - Thank you dear. :)

    ReplyDelete